It’s been said that a picture paints a thousand words. We agree… pictures tell stories. They capture a moment in time, preserving them for future generations. We love telling stories, preserving history and the part that pictures play in doing both. This is one of the reasons why we love Instagram. If you are on Instagram we would like for you to follow our Southern Accents adventures! If you are not on Instagram… what are you waiting for?
In the past few months, Southern Accents has traveled to Nashville, Atlanta, Asheville, Washington D.C. and all over the state of Alabama. We’ve been featured in ALABAMA and NO’ALA Magazine, was a curator for Southern Makers, built a stage for “NASA On The Square” and created awards for Main Street Alabama. And… we’ve salvaged some pretty cool structures along the way! Following our Instagram feed gives you instant access via pictures to our latest travels, events, and salvage finds. To make it even more interesting… we are going to have a contest!!
Here are the rules:
- Follow Southern Accents on Instagram! You will find us at@saaa1969
- Tag us! @saaa1969
- If you visit our showroom, see us at an event or out on the road, make sure you snap a pic, post and tag.
- If you have purchased from us in the past, we want you to post pictures of your finished projects.
- We love gorgeous architecture. Snap a picture of your favs and tag us so we can enjoy the view as well.
- We also love pictures of “forgotten” structures. Beautiful old homes, barns, and buildings that are time worn and have a story to tell.
- Each week we will pick one winner from all pictures tagged @saaa1969 and notify you by commenting on your post. Prizes will vary. The first prize is a $25 gift certificate. Winner will be announced on Tuesday, September 30th.If your picture screams Southern Accents… we want to see it! Ready, set, SNAP!!
Southern Accents has several hashtags that we use on a regular basis. In addition to following @saaa1969, look up our frequently used hashtags!
Written by: Lisa Jones